Source: Cruise Weekly
A record 403 guests from Australia and New Zealand gathered in the Grand Ballroom at Sydney’s Sheraton on the Park this evening for the annual cruise industry awards dinner.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the International Cruise Council Australasia recognised 16 outstanding achievements from 2010 for their contribution to the growing local cruise market.
The cruise industry’s night of nights saw Bicton Travel in Western Australia named Best Cruise Ag ency of the Year Australia, and iCruise in Auckland for the same category for New Zealand.
The full list of award winners is as follows:
* Agency Promotion of the Year Australia –
Cruise Express, Balmain NSW: “P&O World Voyages – around the world in 80 days”
* Agency Promotion of the Year New Zealand –
Lets Cruise: “Cruise Sale Week”
* Network Promotion of the Year Australasia –
United Travel & Harvey World Travel (New Zealand): “Cruise Expo”
* Media Award –
Susan Kurosawa: “Tales of a new sea salt”, Weekend Australian
* Rising Star New Zealand –
Caroline Smith: House of Travel Jenny Nilsson
* Rising Star Australia –
Cory Edmondson: ecruising.travel
* Neil Frazer Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Cruise Industry by an Individual –
Helen Hutcheon, Seatrade Insider
* Frank Johnson Award: Cruise Consultant of the Year Australia –
Phil Smethurst: Bicton Travel, Bicton WA
* Frank Johnson Award: Cruise Consultant of the Year New Zealand –
Mark Smith: Lets Cruise, Auckland
* Bronze Cruise Agency of the Year New Zealand –
Lets Cruise: Auckland
* Silver Cruise Agency of the Year New Zealand –
Cruises Online: Auckland
* Gold Cruise Agency of the Year New Zealand –
* Bronze Cruise Agency of the Year Australia –
Clean Cruising: Brisbane, QLD (Tie)
Cruise Express: Balmain, NSW (Tie)
* Silver Cruise Agency of the Year Australia –
Phil Hoffman Travel: Glenelg, SA
* Gold Cruise Agency of the Year Australia –
Bicton Travel: Bicton, WA
“As the cruise industry continues to enjoy double digit growth it's a great time to recognise all of tonight's nominees and finalists for making this a great industry,” said ICCA chairman, Gavin Smith.
Cruise Weekly, proud sponsors of the Cruise Industry Awards, would like to congratulate all of tonight’s winners and finalists for their outstanding achievements.
For more cruise awards coverage including photos, see Monday’s edition of Travel Daily and next week’s Cruise Weekly issues.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Source: Cruise Weekly