Your kids will be wide-eyed with wonder - bright colours, fun places to stay and a huge range of things to do will keep your family busy and entertained while at the same time relaxed and happy.
Here are our Top 10 fun family activities this school holidays:
1. Meet Pancake and Pikelet, the resident stingrays at Daydream Island's Living Reef and give their baby stingrays a pet!
2. Stroll over one of the region's farmers markets and indulge in fresh, local produce. Did you know that if you eat a tomato in winter, it most likely comes from Bowen in the Whitsundays?
3. Go croc spotting on the Proserpine River and learn more about the Goorganga wetlands with Whitsunday Crocodile Safari.
4. Swim, play or barbecue at the Airlie Beach lagoon. The green parklands, playground and refreshing pool are the ideal hangout during the day.
5. Enjoy breakfast with the koalas at WILD LIFE Hamilton Island Park Cafe. Bacon, eggs and hash browns taste much better when eaten up close and personal to these furry Aussie friends!
6. Snorkel, swim and splash amidst thousands of colourful coral and fish at a day out on the Great Barrier Reef with Cruise Whitsundays.
7. Play beach games, mini tennis, feed the many fish or get the ultimate sweet fix at the famous Chocolate Room (yum!) at One&Only Hayman Island.
8. Slip down the water slide at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort, hop on the giant jumping pillow or make new friends at the Kids Club. Make sure you check out the weekly activity guide when you plan your trip.
9. Feel the rush of Formula 1 go-cart action in Hamilton Island's Palm Valley. Take the wheel on the exhilarating outdoor track, reaching speeds of up to 45 kilometres per hour.
10. Spot a whale with playful whales a common sight around the Whitsunday Island from June to October.
If you're planning a holiday, visit www.tourismwhitsundays.com.au for accommodation, tours and visitor information or contact our friendly staff at the Whitsunday Region Information Centre on (07) 4945 3967.