Search All Traveloscopy Sites


Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Orlando Bloom Celebrates On-Board British Airways In Sydney, Australia

In his final few hours in Australia, international superstar Orlando Bloom enjoyed a lively reception on-board a British Airways Boeing 777-300 aircraft.


British Airways global ambassador Bloom said goodbye to one of his favourite places in the world and made time to explore the cockpit of the plane.

SAILING - Team Australia AC45

“As a kid I remember how excited I was when I got to meet the Captain of my first plane ride, which of course was a British Airways flight,” said Orlando. “I remember being mesmerized by the cockpit and controls.”

As a seasoned traveller, the Hollywood superstar also shared his travel tips.

Orlando said: “My job takes me all over the world and consequently, I spend a lot of time travelling. If it weren’t for the premium service on British Airways (on which I’ve travelled since I was a kid), my travel time would be far more taxing."

SAILING - Team Australia AC45

“Jet lag can be tough to deal with but I find the best thing to do is to avoid alcohol, drink lots of water, and adjust your sleep to the time zone you’re entering. I also like to get in the gym when I arrive at my destination as I find that helps to combat jet lag."

“I like to be comfortable when I fly so I generally travel in a t-shirt and jeans."

"When I'm traveling with my son, I make sure to bring books and games so we can play until he falls asleep."

“I love to read a good book, watch a film, or catch up on emails and sleep."

“When it comes to meals, there’s always a fantastic menu to choose from on British Airways."

Nicole Backo, regional commercial manager, South West Pacific, said: “We had a wonderful time with Orlando today and it was a pleasure having him on board.”

SAILING - Team Australia AC45

To celebrate Orlando’s time in the country, British Airways is offering Australians up to 10% discount on all fares and special fares on its daily flights between Sydney and London Heathrow, via and including the award-winning Changi Airport in Singapore. Visit www.ba.com for more information or to book visit www.ba.com/partner-offer.

For more information on British Airways, please visit ba.com or on Twitter via @british_airways.

No comments:

The Expeditionist

The Expeditionist
Venturing to the world's special places