From 15 October*, Qantas customers will be able to travel on codeshare services operated by WestJet to more than 20 new routes both to and within Canada.
|Qantas codeshare services with WestJet|
Customers will be able to connect within four hours between Qantas operated international flights to Los Angeles and Honolulu and WestJet flights to Canada's key domestic hubs – Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Edmonton.
Qantas Executive Manager International Sales Stephen Thompson said Qantas was pleased to offer customers more destinations across Canada.
“This is great news for our customers who will enjoy the benefits of travelling on a Qantas flight number right through to their final destination in Canada with baggage checked through and more opportunities to earn frequent flyer points,” said Mr Thompson.
“This new codeshare delivers on our gateway strategy of operating to key global hubs and providing customers with access to an expanded network with airline partners based in those ports.”
“Combined with increased services and an enhanced schedule to the US, this new codeshare arrangement also reinforces our position as the carrier of choice for both business and leisure travellers to the Americas, offering seamless one-stop travel options from Australia to destinations across Canada.”
“With the premium experience offered on Qantas flights to the US, connecting to WestJet's wide network and young fleet, we are confident our customers will enjoy their journey right through to their destination in Canada.”
WestJet Vice-President, Network Planning and Alliances, Chris Avery, said “WestJet is excited to begin a codeshare with Qantas. More customers than ever before will be able to access WestJet's growing network while enjoying our award-winning inflight experience”.
The new partnership complements existing codeshare services operated by joint business partner American Airlines and codeshare partner Alaskan Airlines to Canada from other US gateway cities.
Last month Qantas announced a new codeshare with China Airlines, opening up two new codeshare routes from Sydney and Brisbane to Taipei from 15 October. These two new codeshares follow other recent initiatives to strengthen Qantas' presence in growth markets, including a recent expansion of its codeshare with LAN across South America, a new codeshare agreement with Bangkok Airways to resort destinations in Thailand and Cambodia, and an ongoing expansion of its network across China in partnership with two of the big three Chinese carriers, China Eastern and China Southern.
Together with its codeshare and oneworld partners, the Qantas Group offers customers services to every continent across a network spanning more than 1000 destinations.
Qantas codeshare services operated by WestJet from the United States to Canada
The following codeshare services operated by WestJet, connecting from Qantas operated services to/from Los Angeles and Honolulu will be available for booking from 1 October and travel 15 October 2014*:
- Los Angeles (LAX) / Vancouver (YVR)
- Los Angeles (LAX) / Calgary (YYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX) / Edmonton (YEG)
- Honolulu (HNL) / Vancouver (YVR)
Qantas codeshare services operated by WestJet within Canada
The following codeshare services operated by WestJet will be available for booking from 1 October and travel 15 October 2014*:
- Calgary (YYC) / Toronto (YTO)
- Calgary (YYC) / Montreal (YMQ)
- Calgary (YYC) / Ottawa (YOW)
- Calgary (YYC) / Kelowna (YLW)
- Calgary (YYC) / Winnipeg (YWG)
- Calgary (YYC) / Victoria (YYJ)
- Calgary (YYC) / Saskatoon (YXE)
- Calgary (YYC) / Regina (YQR)
- Calgary (YYC) / Halifax (YHZ)
- Calgary (YYC) / Vancouver (YVR)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Toronto (YTO)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Kelowna (YLW)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Edmonton (YEA)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Ottawa (YOW)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Saskatoon (YXE)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Regina (YQR)
- Vancouver (YVR) / Winnipeg (YWG)
- Edmonton (YEG) / Winnipeg (YWG)
- Toronto (YTO) / Ottawa (YOW)
- Toronto (YTO) / Montreal (YMQ)
* Subject to regulatory approval.