This much-anticipated gastronomic event returns with a full line-up of seven master chefs from six countries as well as several winemakers and food experts from around the globe.
Chefs who confirmed to participate in the 15th Annual World Gourmet Festival are:
- Chef Akrame Benallal from two-Michelin starred Akrame, Paris, France. A not-to-be-missed dish by Chef Akrame at the Festival this year is Bamboo Charcoal Pineapple.
- Chef Paolo Casagrande from two-Michelin starred Lasarte Restaurante, Barcelona, Spain. A not-to-be-missed dish by Chef Paolo at the Festival this year is an egg menu.
- Chef Thierry Dufroux, Bistrot Belhara, Paris, France
- Chef João Rodrigues from the one-Michelin starred Feitoria, Lisbon, Portugal. Chef João is looking forward to presenting his recommended Scarlet Shrimp from the Algarve with cucumber and nasturtium.
- Chef Hideaki Sato from two-Michelin starred Tenku RyuGin, Hong Kong. This year Tenku RyuGin made it on to the coveted San Pellegrino list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants.
- Chef James Syhabout from the one-Michelin starred Commis, Oakland, California, USA. Born in Ubon Ratchathani, Chef James is thrilled to come back home and cook in Bangkok after 20 years since his last visit to Thailand. His recommended dish is an Egg with Potato, sweet and savoury spices.
- Chef James Viles from two-hatted Biota Dining, Bowral, NSW, Australia. A not-to-be-missed dish by Chef James at the Festival is a dish made from smoked, local fish roe and lettuce as he will be focusing on local ingredients of Thailand.
TAT Governor Mr. Thawatchai Arunyik said, “Now in its 15th year, the Annual World Gourmet Festival sits firmly on Thailand’s international events calendar and shows that the kingdom is second to none when it comes to a gastronomic showcase at a global level. All seven master chefs confirmed at this year’s event are among the world’s best, and we are pleased to welcome them to fill up Bangkok with best-of-the-best dishes.”
Once again this year, the World Gourmet Festival is providing support to HRH Princess Soamsawali’s Save a Child’s Life from AIDS Project under the auspices of the Thai Red Cross Society. The amount of 600 Baht from the price of every World Gourmet dinner ticket, as well as proceeds from the World Gourmet live auction, will be donated to this charity.