The new rollercoaster is a stunning WOW concept in adventure which gives people a ride of their life combining the suspense and thrill of a rollercoaster with the amazing flying sensations of a zip line.
Called the TreeTop Crazy Rider, it’s the next generation in zip lining and a five minute fast and furious experience that breaks new ground in having outrageous and unexpected fun.
After takeoff, riders dart through the trees traversing 40 slaloms and three 360 degree exciting loops while suspended up to 18 metres (six storeys) above ground.
The Crazy Rider rollercoaster zip line is located at the TreeTop Adventure Park in Ourimbah State Forest on the NSW Central Coast and it’s the first in the world using new high wire technology created by Australian innovators Sandrine Gaymard and Fred Galimard from TreeTops*.
It was developed following a $200,000 Australian Government tourism grant and represents two years of R&D and 5,000 hours of construction and trialling.
“Our customers tell us that flying foxes/zip lines are their favourites. We’ve worked hard to make them longer, scarier and to get people really excited,” Ms Gaymard said.
“Zip lines usually travel in a straight line but we thought it would be incredible to build some to go around the trees, up and down, and even with 360 degree loops to really ramp up the fun factor.
“The result is amazing. It’s a twisty, curly, thrilling ride in the tree tops and we’re proud to offer something truly unique and ground breaking to Australian eco-Tourism.”
As a world milestone in sustainable tree-based adventure, it’s expected to stimulate new interest in the Central Coast from Sydney, interstate and international visitors.
Central Coast Tourism said it is excited that tourism innovation is occurring in the region.
“We’re expecting a lot of buzz about this new product which should result in more visitors coming to the region to see and experience it,” Chief Executive Officer, Robyne Abernethy, said.
“The new Crazy Rider, combined with our other local attractions and activities, will provide visitors with plenty of reasons to stay longer in the area and I see our own residents bragging about this great new experience to their out of area family and friends.”
Crazy Rider Key facts:
- First rollercoaster zipline in Australia and at one km long is triple the distance of any other around the world.
- There are two TreeTop Crazy Riders at the TreeTop Adventure Park:
- The Xtreme. The one-kilometre long twisting, turning, diving, winding journey featuring about 40 slaloms including three that are complete 360degree turns and one 540m circle round a tree as well as plenty of exciting surprises.
- The Pioneer. A softer 350 metre long rollercoaster zip line featuring ten curves including one 360degree turn and an impressive drop.
- Both rides are fully accessible for people of all abilities including wheelchair users.
- The Crazy Rider features a specially developed safety system attached to 200 trees throughout the forest using 11km of cable. For the ride, participants are safely strapped into a swing harness attached to a patented pulley.
- Pricing for the Crazy Rider Xtreme: Adults (18 plus), $85 and Youth (7 – 17), $75. Pricing for the Crazy Rider Pioneer is Adults (18 plus), $45 and Youth (7 – 17), $35. Adult combo to do both rides is $109 (a 19% saving), and the Youth combo is $89 (a 24% saving).