An unforgettable programme of culinary events has been revealed for this year's Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi.
The three-day culinary extravaganza (20 to 22 November) features more than 40 of the world's leading food and wine personalities who will join international headline chef, Marco Pierre White to showcase the best of Western Australia and the Margaret River Wine Region through a jam-packed line up of events, experiences and adventures on land and sea. Tickets go on sale at midday on Tuesday 28 July (AWST) and range in price from $40 (Gourmet Village) to $600.
Guests will experience incredible dishes created by some of Australia and the world's best chefs including David Thompson, Enrique Olvera, Gaggan Anand and Tetsuya Wakuda, as well as opportunities to learn about the world class wines, beer and produce from Western Australia and be educated by local and visiting wine talent and wine makers including Nick Stock, Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Ch'ng Poh Tiong and Jeannie Cho Lee.
The Gourmet Village, a buzzing world of culinary excitement, will house the largest-ever selection of WA restaurants, artisan producers and wineries along with private master classes, meet and greets and VIP experiences. New additions for 2015 include the Adriano Zumbo High Tea and the new Wine Lounge.
Exciting new event experiences this year include a dinner on the Busselton Jetty with Rick Stein; The Godfather Dinner at Vasse Felix with Marco Pierre White and his protégés; Stokehouse Restaurant setting sail on the Kimberley Quest II luxury cruiser; events specifically for beer lovers; a seafood discovery tour in Augusta; a selection of guided foodie trails featuring talented local producers; and a didgeridoo cave experience with bush barbeque dinner hosted by local Wadandi man, Josh Whiteland.
Returning popular favourites include the iconic Audi Gourmet Beach BBQs; Sundown Soirée at Fraser Gallop; Feast in the Forest at the Leeuwin Estate Safari Club; the Audi Collaboration Series dinners; International Cabernet Celebration at Cape Mentelle; and the Food Quiz. Chefs participating in these events include Ben Milgate and Elvis Abrahanowicz (Porteño), James Viles (Biota Dining & Rooms), Matt Moran (ARIA & Chiswick), and Brent Savage (Bentley Restaurant & Bar).
A brief snapshot of new and exciting events taking place:
- Dining on the Jetty – Guests will enjoy an extraordinary evening dining at the end of the Busselton Jetty - the longest wooden jetty in the Southern Hemisphere with a menu inspired by Rick Stein.
- Stokehouse aboard the Kimberley Quest presented by Winnings Appliances– Join the Stokehouse Restaurant chefs, Oliver Gould and Richard Ousby, onboard the luxury Kimberley Quest II cruiser for an afternoon as they bring their signature Stokehouse style, while showcasing Western Australia's most exciting produce.
- The Godfather Dinner at Vasse Felix – Likely to be one of the festival's most anticipated events - Marco Pierre White hosts a dinner with his alumni Jock Zonfrillo (Orana and Street- ADL, Adelaide), Richard Turner (Hawksmoor, London), Spencer Patrick (Harrison's, Port Douglas) with canapés by WA chef Aaron Carr (Vasse Felix). These great chefs will recreate signature dishes that the then young chefs had to produce under Michelin-starred pressure from the kitchens of Marco Pierre White's eponymous restaurants.
- Marque & Print Hall at Woodlands – An intimate dinner in the barrel room of the stunning Woodlands winery with a menu designed by one of the Australian masters of contemporary cuisine, Mark Best (Marque Restaurant Sydney) with the award-winning Daniel Fisher from Print Hall, Perth featuring the best of WA produce.
- Porteño Pop-Up at Colonial Brewery- Sydney based Porteño chefs Ben Milgate and Elvis Abrahanowicz will bring their signature Argentinean fare to Colonial Brewery for one night only, accompanied by Colonial's locally brewed beer and Rockabilly tunes.
- Brunch with the Best - Set on the stunning grounds of Voyager Estate, guests will enjoy a morning of gourmet delights accompanied by lively foodie discussions. Be entertained by some of the world's most knowledgeable and talented food superstars, providing insight on food trends and tackling topical and controversial food issues.
- Gourmet Village- The heart of the Gourmet Escape weekend is the Gourmet Village. Rub shoulders with the foodie elite, see world-class chefs on stage on the Miele Chef's Theatre, and enjoy premium wine, craft beers, ciders and delights from some of WA's finest producers and restaurants.
Dates: 20 to 22 November 2015
The full program of events is now available at www.gourmetescape.com.au
Tickets available through Ticketek from midday on 28th July (AWST) –www.ticketek.com.au