Tasmania’s Saffire Freycinet Selected as #1 Luxury Hotel in Australia
SYDNEY, Australia; January 21, 2016 – TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel site*, today announced the winners of its Travellers’ Choice™ awards for Hotels. Now in its 14th year, the Travellers’ Choice awards have recognised more than 7,000 properties around the world with lists covering 97 countries and eight regions worldwide. The hallmarks of Travellers’ Choice winners are remarkable service, quality and value.
“We congratulate the properties around the world that have won Travellers’ Choice Hotel awards,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “Travellers considering their next trip can book confidently selecting from these award-winners that have already delighted millions of members of the TripAdvisor community.”
The average nightly rate of Travellers’ Choice award-winning Top Hotels on TripAdvisor is $465; Bargain is $104; B&Bs and Inns is $180; Luxury is $646; Service is $429 and Small Hotels is $429.
[see image library of all hotels]
[see image library of all hotels]
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur – Jodhpur, India - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $1055.77 per night. Most affordable month to visit: July ($561)
Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur is fit for a king – in addition to serving as a hotel and museum, it is also the main residence of the Jodhpur Royal Family. The impressive property, built between 1928 and 1943 and designed by renowned Edwardian architect Henry Lanchester, is the last of the great palaces of India and one of the largest private residences in the world. A TripAdvisor reviewer said, “The palace was gorgeous, the weather heavenly, but what made our experience memorable was the completely professional, yet totally personalised service we got, befitting royalty!”
2. Shinta Mani Resort – Siem Reap, Cambodia - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $286 per night. Most affordable month to visit: May ($246)
Located in the Cambodian township of Siem Reap, Shinta Mani Club is an upscale boutique hotel created by acclaimed architect Bill Bensley. The hotel has 39 rooms in a tranquil and leafy setting and is only a 15 minute tuk-tuk ride to the historic temples of Angkor. A TripAdvisor reviewer exclaimed, “One of the most enjoyable hotel experiences we have ever had!”
3. Bellevue Syrene – Sorrento, Italy - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $808 per night. Most affordable month to visit: November ($523)
Nestled in the cliffs above the bay of Sorrento, this boutique hotel marries old world charm with modern amenities for a one-of-a-kind experience. Originally built in 1750 as a summer home by the Mastrobuono counts, the hotel hosts 64 uniquely-designed rooms with suites facing the sea and the Gulf of Naples. “This hotel is something else. It's different…in a good way. It's a landmark on its own,” said a TripAdvisor reviewer.
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa – Hanoi, Vietnam - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $156 per night. Most affordable month to visit: September ($135)
Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa embodies luxury in the heart of Hanoi’s bustling Old Quarter. Guests can enjoy beautifully authentic Vietnamese cuisine at the on-site Red Bean Restaurant. Be sure to visit Hoan Kiem Lake during your trip, it is only a short walk from the hotel. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, “Stayed here for the second time and pleased to say it remains a fantastic hotel. An oasis away from the chaos, hustle and bustle of the old quarter outside.”
5. Achtis Hotel – Afitos, Greece - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $144 per night. Most affordable month to visit: October ($115)
The Achtis Hotel is perched atop the picturesque village of Afitos, offering unhampered views of the beautiful Gulf of Torneo. Relaxation and tranquility are top priority at this boutique hotel. Afitos is the perfect home base for travellers looking to experience the natural beaches Greece has to offer. A TripAdvisor reviewer said, “Our second time at Achtis and we've already booked again for next year. It's simply a stunning oasis in a beautiful village.”
6. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons – Great Milton, United Kingdom - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $1,671 per night. Most affordable month to visit: September ($1,400)
Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of England’s most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. “This place is absolutely amazing as you would expect. No stone is left unturned. The setting is perfect,” said one reviewer.
7. Mirihi Island Resort – Mirihi, Maldives - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $1,523 per night. Most affordable month to visit: June ($1,103)
Housed on one of the smallest Maldivian islands, Mirihi Island Resort is a true secluded paradise. It is also one of the only islands in the Maldives that has its own house reef meaning that guests here have exclusive access to the beautiful flora and fauna of the area. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, “This is a wonderful place to get complete relaxation. The facilities are great, everything is very clean and the staff are very friendly.”
8. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba – Palm Eagle, Aruba - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $673 per night. Most affordable month to visit: October ($479)
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is the perfect adults-only getaway, located on the popular Eagle beach. The resort is the ultimate destination for couples seeking tranquility and romance, with phenomenal access to the white sands and turquoise water of the Caribbean Sea. A TripAdvisor reviewer said, “The Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort in Aruba continues to be an outstanding resort that we would call the Best of the Best.”
9. Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa – Lance aux Epines, Grenada - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $1,159 per night. Most affordable month to visit: June ($774)
Situated in the picturesque beachside town of Grenada, The Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa combines five star luxury with a relaxed, intimate environment to create the ultimate Caribbean getaway. The hotel offers 30 suites and five private Estate homes, which include an infinity pool and stunning views across the water. A TripAdvisor reviewer exclaimed, “The Calabash hotel was excellent from first class scuba diving to wonderful rooms to lovely beach and delicious food.”
10. Hotel Ritta Höppner – Gramado, Brazil - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $266 per night. Most affordable month to visit: April ($230)
Set in a lush park near the bustling Rue Coberta, the elegant Ritta Höppner offers a unique, nature-focused getaway. The design of the hotel emphasises solid wood, stained glass and fresh flowers, evoking feelings of old-time luxury. “Hotel Ritta Hoppner is one of the best hotels in Gramado, as well as in the whole country. Perfectly structured, excellent location and wonderful staff,” said a TripAdvisor reviewer.