Search All Traveloscopy Sites


Monday, March 21, 2016

Bondi Rescue star returning to Julia Creek Dirt n Dust Festival!



Reidy surfing back to Julia Creek

After his first trip to Outback Queensland was broadcast to over 700 million viewers worldwide, Bondi Rescue's Andrew 'Reidy' Reid will again fly North to join in the festivities at the 22nd annual Julia Creek Dirt n Dust Festival, from 15-17 April, 2016.

Reidy said the Dirt n Dust experience was what Australia was all about, and is the reason he made the decision to return to Julia Creek.

"When you travel to places like Julia Creek, you get to experience the real Australia – which isn't something I get to see when I'm stuck in the bubble of Bondi. I love that it's all real people, real fun, and is an absolute breath of fresh air," Reidy said.

"To be completely honest, the part of the Festival I'm most looking forward to is the Fashions on the Field at the horse races. It's the most beautiful women in Australia all dolled up, and gives us the chance to knock back a few drinks after the hard work of the triathlon that morning.

 "I'm not 100 per cent sure if I'll be bringing my bike up with me, so not sure if I'll do the whole Dirt n Dust Triathlon or if I'll be in a team with Robbie Katter again, but will definitely race the tri in some way."

Reidy said the weekend offered something for everyone, and had to be seen to be believed.

"Dirt n Dust offers an experience that you can only get by actually travelling to Julia Creek – experiencing the heat, meeting the personalities, and is what is making me so keen to get back there after losing my Dirt n Dust virginity in 2014," said Reidy.

"I'll be taking part in everything the Festival has to offer, from the cow pat throwing and bog snorkelling, the tri, Australia's Best Butt competition… Although I'm still deciding whether I'll try my luck on the back of a bull. I'll be absolutely throwing myself at the Festival, which is really what Dirt n Dust is all about, just having a go and giving it a crack."

Dirt n Dust Festival Committee President, Stephen Malone, said the relationship formed between the Festival and the Bondi Rescue boys was one that he hoped would continue to grow in the future.

"We're extremely lucky to welcome Reidy back to Julia Creek next month. When the Bondi Boys Outback Adventure documented his first trip to Dirt n Dust with Corey Oliver and Adriel 'Bacon' Young in 2014, we found that city slickers and country folk aren't so different and we've been good mates ever since," Mr Malone said.

"It's a great opportunity to showcase everything that Outback Queensland has to offer not just to Reidy and the Bondi boys, but to the out-of-towners who travel from the coast or from large cities. We have to be doing something right, because each year sees more people return to experience the Festival again and again."

The Julia Creek Dirt n Dust Festival will be held from 15-17 April, 2016. For more information and to register, go to www.dirtndust.com


No comments:

The Expeditionist

The Expeditionist
Venturing to the world's special places