Search All Traveloscopy Sites


Saturday, October 28, 2023

Fiona McIntosh's Champagne and Perfume Tour 2024



I certainly wasn't ready for the onslaught of interested people. Wow! There are so many of you on our list and we are only taking around 24 people. I need to keep this group as tight as possible so that we can move nimbly, swiftly and there's room for us in restaurants and hotels. Turning up with 125 people is an entirely different set of logistics

Anyway, I'm pleased to say we finally have a very, very rough arc of a tour coming together. And I will be sending out details via a special newsletter specifically for the tour to everyone who has formally registered their interest. I will give you fair warning via my page on Facebook to look out for it.

I will not be asking for firm bookings then.

I want you to first see what the tour roughly comprises, its dates, the sort of landscape we'll see, the experiences we are setting up, the towns and villages on our itinerary and of course the final dates. I want you all to have time to digest it and work out if it's something you want to do, and that you have the time to do it plus the budget.

We are going to be working with a local travel agent in Australia who can help with all of your arrangements. All I will involve myself in is the tour itself - so day one through to the final day of the tour is my involvement.

Travellers can make their own arrangements via this agent in order to get the best out of their preferences such as airlines, points, preferred stopovers, insurance providers, etc. Some of you may want to do some touring before ours begins e.g. in other parts of France, or other parts of Europe. Some may want to go on an adventure afterwards into UK or take a cruise somewhere. You will have that flexibility and I would urge all of you to make the very most of being on the ground in Europe but I am not involved in any of that.

My focus is on day one, when you all arrive into our first hotel and we meet for our welcome and very celebratory group dinner and then I'll be with you every step of the way through the 12 days of our tour.

Looking at the early drafts, it's exquisite and we are going to be making the most of champagne and wine, as well as perfume through both taste and smell. So you can expect everything from a cookery class using flowers through to learning to make perfume and how to drink absinthe. There will be champagne tours and tastings, some beautiful dining experiences and a hefty dose of chocolate! I plan for it to be as magical as I can make it, including taking in some Impressionist paintings and appreciating Monet.

Lots to look forward to and it will be discussed in more depth later this month in the separate newsletter to those who asked for more information. I am not taking any more registrations please, as we are already so oversubscribed for this tour. Thanks for understanding everyone.


The Musee D'Orsay in Paris...a must.


Learning all about French Champagne in the Champagne region of Reims and Epernay


The hillside village of Grasse - the perfume capital of the world


Learning how to make perfume


Traveloscopy |

No comments:

The Expeditionist

The Expeditionist
Venturing to the world's special places